To provide intensive, in-home and community-based MST therapy services to children and their families throughout Cuyahoga County and Lorain County.
* Multisystemic Therapy (MST) is an intensive family- and community-based treatment program that focuses on addressing all environmental systems that impact chronic juvenile offenders -- their homes and families, schools and teachers, neighborhoods and friends. MST recognizes that each system plays a critical role in a youth's world and each system requires attention when effective change is needed to improve the quality of life for youth and their families.
* MST has been proven effective at decreasing antisocial behaviors, arrest rates and out-of-home placements, while improving family relations and functioning. MST therapists concentrate on empowering parents and improving their effectiveness by identifying strengths and developing natural support systems and removing barriers. In the family–therapist collaboration, the family...
Applewood Centers Career Posting Job Title: Multisystemic Therapist for Problem Sexual Behaviors
Position Description: To provide intensive, in-home and community-based MST therapy services to children and their families throughout Cuyahoga County.
* Multisystemic Therapy for Problem Sexual Behavior (MST PSB) is a clinical adaptation of Multisystemic Therapy that is targeted to adolescents who have committed sexual offenses and demonstrated other problem behaviors.
* MST PSB has been proven effective at decreasing problem sexual, other antisocial behaviors, and reduces out-of-home placements. MST PSB is an intensive, ecological intervention that is directed at youth and their families, with the collaboration of community based resources such as caseworkers, probation/parole officers, and school professionals.
* The selected applicant will carry a very small caseload, and work intensively with referred youth, their caregivers, juvenile court and other involved community...