Mental Health Resources, Inc.
Clovis, NM, USA
SCOPE of SERVICE:
MST is conducted by a master’s-level therapists delivers services in a professional, therapeutic, and family-friendly manner, to include delivery during non-traditional hours and in locations such as the client’s home and other community locations. Preferred experience in direct us of pragmatic family therapies; individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques; marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches; behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance; and implementation of intervention within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of the youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Knows and responds to Mental Health Resources, Inc. philosophy, Policies and Procedures, and Standards of Conduct.
2. Understands and complies with all MST guidelines and State regulations.
3. Maintains flexibility in terms of availability of scheduling around the family’s lifestyle.
4. Identifies and overcomes barriers to engagement with family and family stakeholders using MST principles.
5. Collaborates with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout MST treatment,, and to promote client outcomes.
6. Conducts intake activities for clients referred to the MST Program in accordance with Mental Health Resources, Inc. policy and CYFD regulations.
7. Works under the direct supervision of the MST Supervisor with additional clinical supervision provided by the Clinical Director.
8. Provides direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices for assigned cases.
9. Provides clinical support to entire MST team. Supports MST Family Interventionists with the clinical component of their cases (e.g. psycho-social assessments, therapy, crisis support, consultation/support for high needs families, etc.)
10. Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
11. Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
12. Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention, outcome review, and strategy revision procedure during the MST Analytic Process.
13. Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the 9 MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
14. Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout MST treatment.
15. Participate in all MST training, supervision and consultation activities.
16. Maintain strict confidentiality of office data, employee information, client information and other agency information. Safeguard confidential health information by maintaining privacy, security, and integrity of data and equipment in accordance with Mental Health Resources, Inc.’s Confidentiality Policies and Standards.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by MST Supervisor.
The major work setting for this position is in the field and at the assigned center. Travel to other areas will be required from time to time.
No special physical abilities required.
1. Masters degree in Social work, Psychology, Counseling or related field; Licensed in the state of New Mexico –LMSW, LCSW, LISW, LMHC, LPCC, or LMFT
2. Working knowledge of family systems theory, pragmatic family therapy, ecologically based interventions, behavioral theory and application, cognitive behavioral therapies, and child development.
3. The ability to consistently establish positive working relationships, communicate and work cooperatively with clients, staff, colleagues, and community members.
4. A thorough knowledge and use of community resources, Mental Health Resources, Inc. services, and requirements of funding system.
5. Experience providing clinical supervision, and an understanding of legal and ethical issues pertaining to clinical supervision.
3 weeks PTO the first year
License renewal coverage
$600.00 a year training allowance
Student Loan Repayment eligibility
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance