JOIN OUR TEAM AS A MULTISYSTEMIC THERAPY CLINICIAN IN ERIE/NIAGARA COUNTY/CATTARAGUS/ALLEGANY COUNTY
Catholic Charities of Buffalo offers over 14 paid holidays (holidays vary from year to year), approximately 22 PTO days a year for the first 3 years (then it increases to 30 PTO days a year), 4 days for family medical leave and Permissive Time for medical appointments, flexible schedules, comprehensive health care coverage, flexible spending accounts, no cost EAP service, a Pension Plan, and significant training and development opportunities. Catholic Charities will cover the cost of licensure applications and exams.
We are looking for individuals in Erie, Niagara, Cattaraugus, and Allegany Counties who have the skills to engage with families in the community and are motivated to create change in, our Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Program. MST is seeking individuals who value empowerment, honesty, respect, healing, accountability, inclusiveness and problem solving. If these values speak to you, this position will allow you to develop and grow to advance your career as a leader. By utilizing an evidence based, strengths-based team approach together we will foster an environment of high impact to those that we serve. While we are a home based treatment, during this pandemic we are taking all health and safety precautions to ensure that our staff, and the families we work with are as safe as possible. We provide all necessary PPE and opportunities to work from home, office, and the community when appropriate or as matches the clinical needs of the family.
- Maintain a caseload of 4-6 families
- Conduct MST assessment & evidence based treatment modalities
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, and outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the 9 MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout MST treatment
- supervision and consultation activities
- Provide crisis interventions defusing problem situations on a 24-hour-day on-call rotation
- Daily support from team members and supervisors to achieve best possible outcomes for our clients, as well as your own personal career growth
Schedule: Looking for an applicant who is willing to meet families at flexible times. This is a full-time, 35 hour a week position with rotating on-call responsibilities, and ability to work a hybrid schedule.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field preferred. Bachelor degrees will be considered.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience or knowledge of working with children and families in a community-based or "in-home' setting
- A strong belief in the capacity of people to grow and change
- Experience or knowledge in direct use of pragmatic (i.e. structural, strategic and functional) family therapies, individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques, marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches, behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance and implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth's natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e. family, peer, school, and neighborhood) preferred
- Experience of knowledge of family systems theory and application, social ecological theory and application, behavioral therapies theory and application, cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application, pragmatic family therapies theory and application, child development research and its application in treatment, and social skills assessment and intervention preferred
- Valid NYS Driver's License required
- Vehicle required: Must be safe and dependable