Position’s Role Summary:
This position’s actions and duties must align with NTBHA values and goals, regulations, policies and procedures, and meet all documentation standards and regulatory requirements. This position serves Ellis County.. The therapist is expected to see clients at various designated locations.
Do you want to make a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others and want a career where you can make a difference? Then join our NTBHA team where we have proven to be a strong, self-sufficient and enduring foundation within our community that is committed to connecting and serving our clients where they live.
The MST Therapist will have the following job responsibilities:
- Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying, and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context. Maintains a caseload of 4-6 families.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcomes review and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the nine MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system, to maintain alignment throughout MST treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
- Participates in MST training, supervision, consultation, and MST Therapist Development activities.
- All services are provided in a person centered, trauma informed manner (To learn more about MST, visit www.mstservices.com)
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in clinical or counseling Psychology, Social Work, or a related subject area. Professional licensure as LPC-Associate, LMFT-Associate, or LMSW under clinical supervision required, or full licensure as an LPC, LMFT, LCSW preferred.
- Direct us of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic and functional) family therapies
- Couples therapy using behaviorally based approaches
- Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of the youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Collaboration and partnership with community agencies
- Previous work providing in-home or community-based therapy services
- Professional licensure in related field
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred)
ESSENTIAL TASKS & STANDARDS
- Exceptional Services (individual, family, and groups) as described in the MST service fidelity guidelines
- Stewardship of Resources: Maximizes Resources and Impact.
- Utilization of Workforce Time
- Creating value as a mental health professional in knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Utilization of agency resources.
- Leveraging internal and external resources.
- Cost reduction in services.
- Innovative practices that maximize resources.
Integrity: Leads team as a role model of integrity.
- Positive relationships within the agency, community, and individuals in service
- Meeting state standards, and NTBHA policy and procedures
- Ethical work practices
Community: A community builder and team champion for team’s professional relationships.
- Communication amongst, staff peers, and supervisors is building healthy relationships and build morale within NTBHA.
- Individuals and families feel understood and supported by our team
- Coaching includes strategies for team members to promote healthy relationships, communication and promote morale within NTHBHA.
Continuous Improvement in Measurable ways:
- Builds knowledge, skills, and abilities to continually grow as a resource to individuals in service and NTBHA in operations.
- An innovator of new ideas, techniques, and strategies to are forward leaning and move NTBHA vision and values forward in all aspects your role.
- Family systems theory and application
- Social ecological theory and application
- Behavioral therapies theory and application
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application
- Pragmatic family therapies theory and application
- Child development research and its application in treatment
- Social Skills assessment and intervention
- Community Based Services
Job Type: Full-time; Licensed required: Master’s Degree