Liberty Resources, Inc. is looking for an engaging clinician who is interested in supporting families in taking on tough challenges and achieve long lasting change through Multisystemic Therapy. We serve families of adolescents, age 12-17, who are engaging in behaviors that are resulting in system consequences and unsafe situations.
Trained and empowered with an evidence-based model, therapists engage the youth’s primary caregiver and other key participants across the systems (the identified youth, family members, school, service providers, etc.) in developing and implementing interventions to
- Improve school attendance and performance
- Increase prosocial connections
- Improve family functioning
- Decrease behaviors such as leaving home without permission, stealing, and aggression, and substance use
We are currently offering a $3,500 sign-on bonus
Rate of pay: $55,000 yearly
Common barriers to Families accessing services are removed in the MST model
- Services are provided in homes; eliminating need for transportation or child care
- Sessions are offered around the schedule of caregivers; including evening availability and weekend contact as needed
- Consistent phone support is available to families as they implement challenging interventions; the team works together to provide this coverage
- A short treatment window of 3-5 months makes the program manageable for families
Reasons why therapists choose to work in MST!
- Intensive support- Training and supervision are built right in to the model
- Flexibility and autonomy in their workday- Independence in creating a nontraditional schedule outside of contact with clients and supervision
- No Commuting Costs- Mileage is reimbursed from your home
- A hybrid schedule- Work from home when not meeting with clients
- Not sitting in an office all day!
- Ability to use telehealth as needed- No pressure to cancel sessions when there are barriers to face to face contact like bad weather
- Home-based sessions- Allows for stronger engagement with families and better case conceptualization.
- Small Caseload- Serve 4-6 families at a time.
- No Medicaid- Case contact and paperwork requirements are based on client needs not insurance guidelines.
- Every day is different- Use an array of clinical skills including cognitive behavioral techniques, pragmatic family therapies, family systems theory, behavioral therapies, social ecological model, marital therapy, and contingency management
- Treatment = action! Develop family driven, solution-focused interventions every day.
- Positive work environment- Work with a team that sees the best in families.
- Short treatment window- A 3-5 month treatment duration helps avoid clinician burn out and diminishing returns with families.
- Collaboration with a variety of community partners
- Commitment to the practice of cultural humility! Program development includes a dedication to growth in diversity, inclusion, and equity work.
For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, visit MST’s website: www.mstservices.com. The interview process allows for candidates to gain a strong understanding of the position and how the model benefits families served. We also welcome questions about the position before applying; reach out to email@example.com.
Or, check out this video!
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Have a master’s degree in a mental health field.
- Have at least 2 years' experience working with families; experience with community-based work preferred.
- Have a valid New York State driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Liberty Resources is a dynamic human services agency and a great place to work! Working for Liberty Resources means you’ll have access to great career opportunities, benefits and a fun atmosphere. Our employees have passion around our values of excellence, integrity, diversity, self-determination, service, innovation and fiscal responsibility. Our rapid growth is providing exciting opportunities in all areas of our organization.
Come work for Liberty and enjoy the rewards!
- Liberty is a 501C nonprofit employer and may qualify you for loan forgiveness
- Generous Paid Time Off! Sick time begins to accrue within one month of employment and rolls over year to year. PTO begins after 90 days of employment. Paid holidays are eligible upon hire, including two floater holidays.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
- Supervision provided for employees working towards licensure
- Mileage reimbursement – eligible starting at your home
Rate of pay: $55,000 yearly
Liberty Resources is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Liberty Resources offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.