The MST (Multi-Systemic Therapy) Supervisor provides leadership, supervision and oversight to MST staff through the implementation of MST and assisting therapists to effectively deliver this evidence-based model to families.
**This position is located out of our Howell, MI office.
Provides leadership, program development, management and oversight of MST services according to the model.
· Develops interventions and implementation strategies with therapists in adherence with the MST model.
· Provides clinical supervision to staff.
· Coordinates case information with referring agencies and clients.
· Evaluates crisis and problem situations both individually and with team members and develops appropriate strategies to resolve them.
· Provides leadership for assigned team members assisting them to effectively carry out the organization’s mission through providing quality services.
· Provides direct services to families as needed in conjunction with approved treatment plans and strategies.
Knowledge or Experience:
- Knowledge of treatment systems and the ability to successfully provide coordination and supervision assuring quality services.
- An understanding of and commitment to the MST model is essential.
- Must attend and participate in MST specific training and have the ability to understand, practice and implement the model with adherence.
- Knowledge of child welfare policies and programs, family therapy theories, treatment philosophies and strategies of home-based services.
- Knowledge of availability of local resources is necessary.
- Must have capacity for overseeing program operations related to the family’s entry into and participation in the program.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Willingness to commit to the organization and support priorities.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- A Master’s degree in social work or other appropriate human services discipline.
- State level licensure that is commensurate with degree status.
- A minimum of three years clinical work experience is required.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in, or potential for, providing supervision to workers providing in-home services.
- Must possess valid license and have a driving record acceptable to Highfields insurance carrier.
- Shall be a person of good character who possesses the health, emotional stability, maturity and strength to carry out assigned duties.
- Must complete and stay current with agency and program specific training requirements.
· Extensive travel is required.
· Must have/maintain a valid driver’s license and fewer than 6 points on record.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must maintain adequate insurance coverage.
A high level of decision making is required in this position, 9 on a 10 points scale.