Seeking an individual with mental health clinical training and experience to implement Multisystemic Therapy (MST). MST is a well-researched community-based treatment model directed at youth involved in criminal activity and their families. Duties include assessment, treatment, and collaboration with families, youth, and community agency staff. Therapist will function as part of an MST team and will participate in weekly team supervision and consultation. Must be available to provide periodic on-call 24-hour coverage which is divided among the team. Team is compensated for on-call responsibilities. Therapist will have the ability to work from home, usage of company vehicles, and computer, phone, etc. provided. Ability to have reimbursements for training and licensure renewals. On-site supervision for licensure. Specific experience in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Structural Family Therapy, Strategic Family Therapy and behaviorally-based treatments preferred. Master’s in a mental health field preferred.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
• Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
• Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, case outcome review, and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
• Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the 9 MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
• Ability to engage and collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system, to maintain alignment throughout MST treatment.
• Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
• Participate in all MST training, supervision and consultation activities.