We are seeking a MST Therapist for the Richmond Georgia area to provide community based treatment for youth and family with complex clinical, social and educational problems. Over a period of 4 - 6 months services are delivered in homes, neighborhoods, schools and communities. Emphasis is on promoting behavioral change in the youth’s natural environment. Family interventions seek to promote the parent’s capacity to monitor and discipline the adolescent. Initial family sessions identify the strengths and weaknesses of the youth, his family, peers, school, and other factors. Problems throughout the family are explicitly identified for change, and the strengths of each system are used to facilitate such change.
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the responsible citizenship, accountability, and well-being of individuals and families involved, or at risk of involvement, in the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal justice system. Since CSI’s founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer in the community-based service. We have been delivering supervision, treatment, and comprehensive individualized services to help clients interact more effectively in their communities and become productive citizens. Using this plan we built the first ever halfway house in New England which has now been replicated and grown to almost 50 programs in 10 states. For over 50 years, CSI has been building upon its successful foundations and has been expanding its services to serve thousands of adults, youth, and families each year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS includes but are not limited too:
- Mediate and resolve family problems and handle all emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Serve as positive role model following program guidelines for professional conduct and code of ethics.
- Program Services/Administration
- Possess knowledge of and adherence to standards of confidentiality, and if applicable Department of Public Health and Addiction Services regulations, Title XIX, CHAMPUS, Medicare/Medicaid and Managed Care requirements that pertain to Agency programs and client. Provide directions for staff related to mental health issues as requested.
- Conduct program specific assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the program specific Analytic Process.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with program specific Principles and the program specific Analytic Process.
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with program specific principles and practices.
- Carry cell phone and participate in 24/7 on-call system.
- Complete data for program Client Management System.
- Recommend program terminations and coordinate in accordance with Agency and referral source policies.
- Ensure collection of urine samples and complete related paperwork and breathalyzer testing as required by contract.
- Increase treatment responsibilities as determined necessary for program needs and as qualified to do so by the Program or Clinical Supervisor.
- A Master’s degree in Social Services or related field, or a Bachelor degree and three years of experience.
- Social Work or other clinical license is preferred.
- Valid driver license
BENEFITS:CSI offers great benefits which include:
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation accrued within the first year, bumped to three (3) weeks accrual after 1 year of service.
- Sick time (7 days accrual basis), floating holiday time (4 days/year).
- Medical and Dental plans.
- Voluntary plan options for: Vision, FSA, voluntary STD, Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D.
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan with automatic enrollment and a company match of 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year service.
- Ongoing training.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.