Position is eligible for $5,000.00 sign-on bonus.
Become an In-Home Family Therapist Supervisor and do whatever it takes to make an impact on the lives of youth! Looking for a career where you’ll empower families and help youth make life-transforming changes? Make a real and lasting different in the life of a youth and their family by joining Home of the Innocents as an In-Home Family Therapist Supervisor, implementing an evidence-based therapy model for high risk youth that has proven results for families and communities. As a therapist, you’ll work with youth, their families, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement the MST treatment model, guided by 9 treatment principles that have demonstrated consistent and long-lasting effects – kids treated with MST have had 54% fewer rearrests, 75% fewer violent felony arrests, and 54% fewer out-of-home placements than traditional correction methods! If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career that will achieve lasting impact, apply to become and In-Home Family Therapist Supervisor at Home of the Innocents in Louisville, KY.
MST Currently operates in 34 states and 15 countries with 2,500+ clinicians. Over 200,000 families have been positively impacted by MST. With 60+ studies, MST features the largest body of evidence, by far, of successful interventions for high risk youth. For more information on the MST model and its impact, visit mstservices.com.
Home of the Innocents enriches the lives of children and families with hope, health, and happiness. Our main campus is housed in the heart of Louisville on a 20-acre village, providing sufficient space and amenities to enable the Home to accommodate the needs of our community’s vulnerable children. As the Home now approaches one-and-a-half centuries of providing care, hope, and love for our society’s most vulnerable, we now offer care and assistance to over 6,000 children and families each year.
Apply now to join an innovative, supportive team and begin a rewarding journey making an impact on the lives of our future!
This position is responsible for supervising a team of therapists and providing Multisystemic Therapy (MST) to youth ages 12 to 17 that display serious antisocial behaviors and are at-risk of placement out of the home due to their behaviors. You will empower families to address problematic behavior and will help youth make life-transforming changes. Additionally, you will empower clinicians to provide evidence-based treatment to youth and families.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of 3 therapists, who will carry 4-5 families at a time. Works with team to manage case loads and referrals.
- Conduct weekly group supervision and training for team and individual supervision as needed.
- Carry a caseload of 1-2 families at a time. Intensive treatment requires therapist to meet with each family at least 3 times per week.
- Develops individualized treatment plans for each family. On-going assessments and reviews of treatment progress are performed on a regular basis.
- Families are seen in their homes and communities with collaboration from all relevant individuals in the families’ life.
- Completes all documentation that supports provision and progression of services.
- Provides clinical input and recommendations in a treatment team setting.
- May assist with transportation of clients, as needed.
- Provides on-call support for team members on a rotating basis with team members.
- Collaborates with external agencies, internal departments, and MST expert regarding MST program development and services provided.
- Master’s degree in clinical or counseling Psychology, Social Work, or a related subject area required.
- Independent licensure as an LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, etc. in the state of KY preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to transport multiple clients at once.
- Must live within a reasonable distance to designated service area.
- Individual and family therapies with children and adults using cognitive behavioral and other research-based techniques
- Collaboration with community agencies
- Previous work providing in-home and/or community-based therapy services
- Family Systems
- Behavioral Therapies, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Mental and behavioral health diagnoses and interventions
- Social skills assessment and intervention
- Flexible working conditions – works in an office as well as community settings (e.g., social service agencies, DCBS offices, courts, client homes)
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Travel required to client homes and throughout the community
- Flexible schedule based on client need and therapist availability
- Part of program’s on-call rotation
- Involvement with community/civic health matters/projects, as appropriate
- Flexible working conditions require ability to move intermittently throughout the workday
- Position has some unusual physical demands, including exposure to threat of bodily harm from clients or their families
- Must be able to see and hear or use adaptive equipment that enable these senses to function to ensure the requirements of this position can be fully met
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of clients during emergency situations
- Competitive salaries based on experience
- Option for FREE health insurance (single coverage, employee only)
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance options
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts options
- Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k/retirement plan options
- Up to 25-30 paid days off per year
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid training days
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Wellness Incentives
In-Home Family Therapists