Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
This position serves as the lead organizer in the implementation, training, coaching, consulting and overall successful integration of the Integrated Treatment Model (ITM), as well as provide expertise in this area throughout the Residential Program(s) at Good Shepherd Services as needed.
Reports to: FJS Division Director
Location: 337 East 17th Street, NY, NY 10003
Hours: 35 hours/Fulltime
- Lead and manage the roll out of ITM implementation in the Residential program(s) and work closely with the ITM Developers to assure model fidelity and integration
- Monitor the development and progress of the Leadership Group
- Work closely and manage the contract with the ITM Developers by tracking all consultation costs and invoices
- Material designer and lead curriculum developer for all ITM related trainings, in-service and consultation content within the Residential program(s)
- Participates in training and efforts that develop expertise in ITM
- Provide ongoing training of ITM to new staff as well as refreshers
- Develop and train all ITM trainers to become proficient in the model in order to train the model to other staff members
- Coordinate all ITM activities with Youth Development, Social Services, Health Services and other ancillary departments
- Attend all appropriate program and agency meetings
- In collaboration with Performance Evaluation and Planning Department, collect relevant data and ensure appropriate analysis and dissemination
- Develop tools to measure adherence and outcomes as it relates to the Integrated Treatment Model and agency compliance
- Supervisory responsibility of the ITM Coaches
- Effectively schedules self to carry out work during traditional and non-traditional work hours including some evening/weekends and on call to provide role modelling training to all staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years Child Welfare experience required; Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Related field preferred
- Administrative Supervisory experience, minimum 3 years required.
- Knowledge and experience within a residential setting, required
- Must have clinical insight with a commitment to the ITM approach and working with high risk youth
- Demonstrated experience in program/policy development and/or quality improvement, required
- Experience in the development and running of groups, preferred
- Proven ability to train staff at varying professional levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities and achieving project deadlines
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, required
- Knowledge of Cornell TCI and/or Safe Crisis Management, preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, required
- Demonstrated administrative skills; Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bilingual Spanish, ideal
- Must have commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective
- Must have a commitment to GSS models of practice including Youth and Family Development and Trauma Informed Practice, the Sanctuary Model, and ACS principles to promote permanency, safety and well-being
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.