Do you have a passion for working with children and families? The Village for Families and Children is looking for compassionate, dedicated people in the Willimantic area who want to empower youth and families by creating strength-based behavior change that will be sustained long after treatment ends. You will receive training in the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) model as you begin working with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement MST as designed. Extensive research has proven the effectiveness of MST. MST therapists do whatever it takes, via close collaboration with all involved, to address the needs of juveniles with serious criminal offenses and, in some cases, substance abuse. You will empower families to address challenging and/or problematic behavior and to help youth aged 12 - 17 make life-transforming changes. Treatment progress is made through intensive interventions such as skill building, changing unhelpful family interactions, and increasing social support, to name a few.
A $10000 sign-on Bonus!; Starting Salary at $54,000/year for unlicensed staff; $64,000 for licensed!; Weekly supervision hours available for licensure!
Some Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Participate in MST training and demonstrate a clear understanding of the MST model.
- Provide direct clinical services to children and their families involved in the juvenile justice system in accordance with the MST model.
- Engage clients and families in comprehensive safety planning.
- Engage in all treatment activities in accordance with the MST model including assessment, engagement, treatment planning, crisis intervention, case management and discharge planning.
- Complete clinical documentation on all active cases including assessments, progress notes, treatment plans, safety plans and MST weekly paperwork.
- Participate in weekly group supervision and consultation with assigned team. Present conceptualization of cases and incorporate feedback from consultant, supervisor and teammates into treatment planning.
- Adhere to the MST model and ensure completion of all model requirements (i.e. weekly paperwork; Therapist, Supervisor and Consultant Adherence Measures (TAM, SAM, CAM); audio tape sessions, etc.).
- Participate in quarterly MST booster trainings and all required agency and funder trainings.
- Complete clinical documentation and reports in an accurate and timely fashion; maintain all documentation and reports required by agency policies and funding sources.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with referring Probation Officers as well as community agencies in order to provide comprehensive and effective treatment for clients and families.
- Ensure regular communication and timely updates on case progress to referring agents.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation with teammates to support clients/families in times of crisis.