Location: Norwalk, CT
- BGV is seeking a Licensed or License-Eligible Clinician for our Multi-Systemic Therapy – Building Stronger Families (MST-BSF).
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
The Therapist provides in home clinical services to the child and other influencers in the child’s life (family, parents, school). The Therapist must work a flexible schedule in order to eliminate the factors that create risk for repeat maltreatment, out of home placement of the child, and continued substance misuse to promote the long-term sustainability and generalizability of treatment gains.
- Conduct MST-BSF assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Carry a caseload of 4 families; meeting with the family a minimum of 3 times per week during the 6-9 months of treatment.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the nine MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
- Requires a Master’s Degree in social work or similar degree.
- Must be licensed or license-eligible
- Bi-lingual in English-Spanish
- Be willing to provide services in the home
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
MST-BSF, an evidence-based treatment model, provides intensive family- and community-based treatment for families that are active cases within the Department of Children and Families (DCF). The family's DCF involvement is due to the physical abuse and/or neglect of a child (age 6-17 years of age) in the family in the last 180 days plus the use of marijuana, cocaine, opioids, alcohol, or other substances by at least one caregiver in the family
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including an option that is free to employees.
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Generous benefit time
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer