Do you want to make a difference in your community?
Do you love working with families?
Community Solutions, Inc. (CSI) is looking for a compassionate, dedicated Therapist in Wichita region who want to empower youth and families by creating strength-based behavior change that will be sustained long after treatment ends. During the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been giving our therapists the resources to see families in a safe way, either virtually or in-person with social distancing and personal protective equipment.
You will receive training in the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) model as you begin working with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement MST as designed. Extensive research has proven the effectiveness of MST. MST therapists do whatever it takes, via close collaboration with all involved, to address the needs of juveniles with serious criminal offenses and, in some cases, substance abuse. You will empower families to address challenging and/or problematic behavior and to help youth aged 12 - 17 make life-transforming changes. Treatment progress is made through intensive interventions such as skill building, changing unhelpful family interactions, and increasing social support, to name a few. For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, please watch this video: How Does MST Work?
CSI is proud to be one of the largest nationally licensed providers of MST with over 20 years of successful client outcomes across six states. The MST program in Kansas will provide services to at-risk juveniles and their families involved with the Department for Children and Families (DCF).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direct clinical treatment using the MST treatment model and principles. Some principles include leveraging strengths and focusing on the positive, understanding sequences of behavior, and increasing mature behavior.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the client and family: gather information on behaviors of concern and strengths in the family and their ecology to inform conceptualization of the problem behaviors and interactions within the family’s ecological context.
- Continuously work to engage the primary caregiver, family members, supports, and community agency staff (school, probation, child welfare) in change-oriented treatment.
- Dedicate time to weekly case planning and evaluation of case progress, with ongoing support from your supervisor and team members.
- Receive regular training, professional development, supervision, and consultation activities designed to help you acquire extensive clinical skills within the MST treatment model.
- Assure, along with fellow clinicians, that clients have access to 24 hours/day, 7 days/week support as needed.
- Master’s degree in clinical or counseling Psychology, Social Work, or a related subject area required, or Bachelor’s degree with requisite experience in a similar field. New graduates are welcome!
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to travel to client’s homes and possibly transport multiple clients at once.
- Must live within a 90 minute travel time from the designated service area.
- Previous work providing in-home or community-based therapy services
- Professional licensure in Social Work, Mental Health or Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field preferred but not required.
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive-behavioral techniques
- Couples therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Collaboration and partnership with community agencies
CSI offers great benefits which include:
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation accrued within the first year, bumped to three (3) weeks accrual after 1 year of service.
- Sick time (7 days accrual basis), floating holiday time (4 days/year).
- Medical and Dental plans.
- Voluntary plan options for: Vision, FSA, voluntary STD, Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D.
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan with automatic enrollment and a company match of 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year service.
- Ongoing training.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.