Our Multi-Systemic Therapy Program has a Full-Time opportunity for an MST Therapist to join their team servicing Craven, Carteret, Onslow, Pitt, and Beaufort counties. If you have the qualifications needed and are interested in a new and rewarding position, please inquire within for further consideration.
Participates in a team approach designed to address the identified needs of children and adolescents with significant behavioral problems who are transitioning from out-of-home placements or are at risk of out-of-home placement and need intensive interventions to remain stable in the community.
- Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Provide services in-home, at school and in the community. Will spend the majority of time working outside of the office with or on behalf of individuals (families) receiving services.
- Engage primary caregivers and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, and outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout MST treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
- First responder crisis response 24/7 to individuals (families) receiving the service. Flexible non-traditional hours (including but not limited to nights/weekends).
- Participate in all MST training, supervision, and consultation activities.
- Education Requirement: Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related subject area.
- Preferred Experience: Direct use of pragmatic (i.e. structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies.
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques. Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches.
- Licensure recommended but not required. (provisional or full). Interested persons may locate information about this treatment model on the internet at www.mstservices.com