As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 60 years. With 25 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually. Together we: Nurture development. Foster resilience. Cultivate well being.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multisystemic Therapist to join our Children's Behavioral Health team of talented professionals!
This position offers a $2000 sign-on bonus!
Services are delivered in the home or community based on the needs and preferences identified by the client/family. Services can be conducted via telehealth per safety and health concerns.
The MST Therapist is responsible for the following:
- Providing mental health treatment and case management services. Services are delivered in the home or community based on the needs and preferences identified by the client / family. Must be willing/able to work a non-traditional schedule based on the needs of the families served.
- Delivering cognitive behavioral clinical services and implement interventions that within the youth’s natural ecology (i.e. peers, school, neighborhood).
- Delivering behavioral therapy that targets school behavior and academic performance.
- Providing marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches.
- Helping families to develop collaborative relationships with other human service organizations and people or agencies in the community who can help to enhance and maintain a viable support network for the family after services have ended.
- Helping coordinate and integrate services that are provided to families by multiple service providers and to identify and eliminate barriers to effective service delivery.
- Maintaining flexible work schedules and carry a cell phone as needed. Will need to be available to MST clients 7 days a week, 24 hours per day as needed. Must possess a “whatever it takes” mentality in delivering services to clients.
- Due to the demands of the MST clients, an MST Therapist may not have employment outside of the MST program. Must be willing to sign a no-compete contract.
- Must have a Master’s Degree or higher and be a Psychologist (TLLP, LLP, or LP) TLLP supervised by a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC or LPC) LLPC supervised by a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Master's Social Worker (LMSW) or Limited Licensed Master's Social Worker (LLMSW) supervised by a Licensed Master's Social Worker
- Must possess and retain current licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Must Meet Michigan Department of Community Health requirements of a Child Mental Health Professional (CMHP)
- Must have at a minimum of 1 year of experience in the examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families
- Nonjudgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of individual families
- Ability to engage and maintain therapeutic relationships with families
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with other providers
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to assess and intervene within complex family and community systems
- Willingness to be flexible, patient and creative
- Must have a favorable driving record and be able to obtain a chauffeur’s license within 30 days of hire
Preferred experience includes: MST, administering social skills assessments and interventions, direct use of pragmatic (i.e. structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies, cognitive behavioral therapy with children and adults, Wayne County CMH services, electronic medical records, juvenile delinquency, behavioral marriage and family therapy, JAIS, Court reporting, Court testimony
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by logging onto our website at www.guidance-center.org/careers
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity