Liberty Resources is one of Central New York’s fastest growing providers of health and integrated care services for individuals and communities across the state and beyond. We pride ourselves on the diverse spectrum of programs and services offered and strive for excellence in all areas – as an employer, service provider and corporate citizen.
Are you passionate about building therapists’ skills and helping change the lives of families and children in the community? Liberty Resources is looking for a dedicated and courageous leader with strong mental health clinical training to supervise a team of 2-3 therapists in implementing Multisystemic Therapy (MST) in Ulster County. MST is a well-researched community-based treatment model directed at youth involved in criminal activity and their families. For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, please watch this video: How Does MST Work?, or visit MST’s website: www.mstservices.com. The supervisor will also provide direct MST treatment to 2-3 families alongside their supervisory responsibilities. With backup from other agency supervisory staff, the supervisor will be required to provide on-call support to therapists implementing MST. Supervisory and leadership experience is preferred.
- Lead, train and support MST team via weekly group supervision and individual supervision to assure adherence to the MST model and competent implementation of interventions
- Deliver MST treatment to a caseload of 2-3 families and assist with case coverage as needed
- Carry administrative supervisory responsibilities for one Liberty employee working in the NEXIS program
- Plan and problem solve with MST Expert to guide effective implementation of MST and ongoing program quality improvement activities, to achieve the best possible outcomes with families
- Assure availability of clinical support to clinicians 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Develop engagement and ongoing collaborative relationships with stakeholders, both external in the community and within the provider agency
- Make community presentations to provide education about MST treatment
- Generate and manage case referrals
- Collaborate actively with MST Expert and agency leadership to foster own supervisory, leadership, and clinical growth and development
- Support client engagement by providing door to door transportation as needed using personal vehicle.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A commitment to cultural humility and development in the areas of diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Clinical experience in treating serious antisocial behavior in youth
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic and functional) family therapies, cognitive behavioral therapy, behavioral therapy, and marital therapy.
- Provision of group and individual clinical supervision
- Leadership experience including hiring, performance evaluation, and holding supervisees accountable for performance
- Training and collaboration with outside agencies
- Experience in the application of Family systems theory, Social ecological theory, trauma-informed practices, and the application of child development research
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Have a masters in a mental health field
- Be licensed within their discipline (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, and LMFT).
- Have a valid New York State driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.