The primary purpose of your job is to worth with youth, their families, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement the MST treatment model. You will empower families to address problematic behavior and will help youth make life-transforming changes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct MST assessment including review of the referral information, identify and engage key participants, identify systemic strengths and weakness, and develop an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, case outcome review, and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrates compliance with the 9 MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process
- Engage and collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system, to maintain alignment throughout MST treatment
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices
- Participate in all MST training, supervision and consultation activities
- Assure availability of clinical and administrative support to clients, families, and fellow clinicians 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Master’s degree in clinical or counseling Psychology, Social Work, or a related subject area required.
- Independent licensure as an LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, etc. in the state of KY preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to transport multiple clients at once.
- Must live within a reasonable distance to designated service area.
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
- Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Collaboration and partnership with community agencies
- Previous work providing in-home or community-based therapy services
- Family systems theory and application
- Social ecological theory and application
- Behavioral therapies theory and application
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application
- Pragmatic family therapies theory and application
- Child development research and its application in treatment
- Social skills assessment and intervention
- Works in office area(s) as well as in other community settings (e.g., social services agencies, DCBS offices, courts, client homes).
- Requires extensive travel to client homes and throughout the community.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with clients, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset clients, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- Communicates with other departmental supervisors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays, when necessary.
- Is involved in community/civic health matters/projects, as appropriate.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with clients, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times, hostile people within the facility.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of clients during emergency situations.