Multisystemic Therapy (MST) at Genesee Health System is an evidence-based, intensive family and community treatment model for youth that present with problem sexual behavior and other serious antisocial behavior in juvenile offenders. A primary purpose of MST is to empower parents with the skills and resources needed to independently address the difficulties that arise in raising these children and adolescents (most of whom can be identified as seriously emotionally disturbed). MST also serves in empowering youth to cope with family, peer, school and neighborhood problems.
MST Clinical Therapist:
The primary responsibilities include incorporating intensive family therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, skill building, school/other community system interventions, and clarification work.
- 1 years of clinical experience in the treatment of mental health/antisocial behaviors in youth
- Master’s Degree (MSW, MA in Counseling, or MA/MS in Psychology)
- Clinical licensure in the State of Michigan (TLLP, LLP, LLMSW, LMSW, LLPC or LPC). Also must retain DCH qualifications as a Child Mental Health Professional (CMHP)
- Knowledge of family systems theory, social ecological theory, behavior therapies, cognitive behavioral therapy and their applications
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting (team player)
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Commitment to performing quality services as a clinician and as requested in the community
- Additional info:
- Must have flexibility with work hours including occasional weekends and holidays.
- Position will share on-call rotation with the MST clinical team
- Must have valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and use of a vehicle during work hours (Mileage will be reimbursed)
- GHS Compensation/Additional Perks:
- Competitive pay
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision coverage for employee and dependents (at no cost to employee)
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan (Employer match)
- Free Clinical Supervision towards professional licensure
- Regular Merit Increases
- Professional Development, including quarterly MST booster trainings
For serious consideration:
Please apply online at www.genhs.org/careers. Please include cover letter, resume, and transcripts with your completed application.