National Counseling Group (NCG) is the premier provider of behavioral health services in Virginia, with over 30 offices across the Commonwealth. We specialize in home-based counseling, crisis stabilization, mental health skill-building, school-based treatment and outpatient counseling.
As one of the most respected human service providers in Virginia and a proud partner of ncgCARE, NCG has helped countless individuals through innovative practice, exceptional training and passionate employees like yourself.
We are seeking a full-time MST Therapist with mental health clinical training and experience to implement Multisystemic Therapy (MST) to service the southern Tidewater area. MST is a well-researched community-based treatment model directed at youth involved in criminal activity and their families. Duties include assessment, treatment, and collaboration with families, youth, and community agency staff. Therapist will function as part of an MST team and will participate in weekly team supervision and consultation. Must be available to provide periodic on-call 24-hour coverage. Specific experience in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Structural Family Therapy, Strategic Family Therapy and behaviorally-based treatments preferred.
- Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, case outcome review, and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the 9 MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system, to maintain alignment throughout MST treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
- Participate in all MST training, supervision and consultation activities.
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e. structural, strategic and functional) family therapies
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
- Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e. family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Collaboration and partnership with community agencies
- Previous work providing in-home or community-based therapy services
- Family systems theory and application
- Social ecological theory and application
- Behavioral therapies theory and application
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application
- Pragmatic family therapies theory and application
- Child development research and its application in treatment
- Social skills assessment and intervention
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.