To provide intensive, in-home and community-based MST therapy services to children and their families throughout Cuyahoga County and Lorain County.
* Multisystemic Therapy (MST) is an intensive family- and community-based treatment program that focuses on addressing all environmental systems that impact chronic juvenile offenders -- their homes and families, schools and teachers, neighborhoods and friends. MST recognizes that each system plays a critical role in a youth's world and each system requires attention when effective change is needed to improve the quality of life for youth and their families.
* MST has been proven effective at decreasing antisocial behaviors, arrest rates and out-of-home placements, while improving family relations and functioning. MST therapists concentrate on empowering parents and improving their effectiveness by identifying strengths and developing natural support systems and removing barriers. In the family–therapist collaboration, the family takes the lead in setting treatment goals and the therapist helps them to accomplish their goals.
* The qualified applicant will carry a very small caseload (4-6 cases), and work intensively (2-4 hrs a week) with each referred youth, their caregivers, juvenile court and other involved community resources.
* The position offers excellent professional development opportunities including extensive initial and ongoing training and expert team consultation in the MST model, family therapy, and other evidence based interventions that support the attainment of treatment goals.
* A Master's Degree in Social Work or Counseling, an LSW or LPC and prior experience in the delivery of mental health services in the home/community to children and families with complex needs is preferred. This position requires flexibility of schedule and ability to travel in response to the needs of families.
Benefits At Applewood Centers: we pride ourselves in having a collaborative culture and team environment found throughout our programs. Our Core Values help set the goals and expectations of our employees. We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive benefits including:
$2000 Hiring Bonus for First 2 Years
A competitive salary
Generous paid time off including:
− 10 holidays per year
− 12 days of Extended Illness Bank time per year
− 15 to 25 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year depending on position
Domestic partner benefits
Paid long-term disability
Other benefits of working at Applewood Centers include:
A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
Year round free CEU trainings
Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work http://www.neoisgreat.com
For more information on our agency and the services we provide, we invite you to visit us at www.applewoodcenters.org.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their letters of interest and resume to HR@applewoodcenters.org clearly indicating the position title for which you are applying. Submissions without minimal qualifications will not be reviewed. DUE TO HIGH VOLUME, INQUIRIES REGARDING APPLICATION STATUS CANNOT BE RETURNED.