Are you passionate about building therapists’ skills and helping change the lives of families and children in the community? Life's Journey is looking for a dedicated and courageous leader with strong mental health clinical training to supervise and lead a team of 2-4 therapists in implementing Multisystemic Therapy (MST) in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater Region. Supervisory and leadership experience is preferred.
Responsibilities include clinical and administrative supervision for therapists on team, liaison with key collaborating agencies and with leadership inside the provider organization, ongoing training, staff development, and evaluation for therapists, and collaboration with MST expert consultants. With backup from other agency supervisory staff, the supervisor will be required to provide on-call support to therapists implementing MST. MST is a well-researched community-based treatment model directed at youth involved in criminal activity and their families. For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, please watch this video: How Does MST Work?, or visit MST’s website: www.mstservices.com. Competitive salary matched to experience of applicant.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, train and support MST team(s) via weekly group supervision, and individual supervision when needed, to facilitate the following in therapists: adherence to MST principles and the MST analytic process, and competent implementation of interventions with family members and other participants in treatment
- Facilitate the creation of a supportive, collaborative MST team context in which therapists learn together and share responsibilities such as on-call coverage and learning about community resources
- Develop engagement and ongoing collaborative relationships with stakeholders, both external in the community and within the provider agency
- Promote MST program in the community and generate referrals to the program
- Manage referrals to the program and manage clinician caseloads
- Plan and problem solve with MST Expert to guide effective implementation of MST and ongoing program quality improvement activities, to achieve the best possible outcomes with families
- Collaborate actively with MST Expert and provider agency leadership to foster own supervisory, leadership, and clinical growth and development
- Manage and report data on clinical outcomes and program practices
- Deliver MST treatment to a caseload of 1-2 families, if needed to address program and community needs
- Master’s Degree in clinical or counseling Psychology, Social Work, or a related subject area.
- Professional licensure as LPC or LCSW preferred but not required.
*Note: applicants are expected to have experience and knowledge in many of the areas listed below but are NOT expected to have experience and knowledge in all of them.
- Significant clinical experience in treating serious antisocial behavior in youth
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s environment that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Leadership role (informal or formal) including hiring, performance evaluation, and holding supervisees accountable for performance
- Training and collaboration with outside agencies
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic and functional) family therapies
- Individual therapy with adolescents and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
- Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance
- Provision of group and individual clinical supervision
- Family systems theory and application
- Social ecological theory and application
- Behavioral therapies theory and application
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application
- Pragmatic family therapies theory and application
- Child development research and its application in treatment
- Social skills assessment and intervention
Health and dental insurance, paid holidays, personal time off, flexible schedule, supervision/continued education/licensing support.
Instructions on How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to a contact@lifesjourneyservices. Please include MST Clinical Supervisor in the subject line of your email.
#jobposting #applynow #wearehiring #hiring #jobsearch #evidencebasedprogramming #supervisorjobs #clinicalsupervisor