Multisystemic Therapy - Therapist Position, Onondaga County
We are offering a $500.00 Sign On Bonus and...
Currently Have Two Openings in Onondaga County
Liberty Resources, Inc. is looking for an engaging clinician who is interested in supporting families in taking on tough challenges and achieve long lasting change through Multisystemic Therapy.
The program serves families of adolescents, age 12-17, who are at risk of involvement in the juvenile justice system. Trained and empowered with an evidence based model, therapists work to reduce youth’s behaviors that put them at risk of out of home placement, contact with law enforcement, or unsafe situations. As an MST therapist, you would engage the youth’s primary caregiver and other key participants across the systems (the identified youth, family members, school, service providers, etc.) in developing and implementing interventions to improve school attendance and performance, decrease substance use, increase prosocial connections, and improve family functioning. Families are served in their home which removes common barriers to treatment (transportation and childcare needs) and allows therapists to connect with the family in their natural ecology. Sessions are offered around the work schedules of caregivers and phone support is available to them as they implement challenging interventions. These components of the model support the family in achieving treatment goals within a short treatment window of 3-5 months and reduces their need for continued formal system support. Therapists benefit from intense training, supervision, and support that is built in to the model and have flexibility in their day due to the nontraditional schedule and ability to work remotely when not with families.
For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, and the profound impact it has on families across the world, please watch this video: How Does MST Work?, or visit MST’s website: www.mstservices.com. The interview process allows for candidates to gain a strong understanding of the positon and how the model benefits families served.
Essential Job Functions
· Empower and engage primary caregiver and other key participants in working a problem solving model and implementing action oriented interventions
· Deliver services within client homes and a wide array of community settings
· Carry a small caseload of 5-6 families to allow for multiple contacts with them per week and prevent burn out
· Work a flexible, nontraditional schedule which varies to accommodate needs of families; including work in the evening and occasionally on weekends
· Maintain 24 hour phone availability to clients during the week. Therapists rotate on-call phone availability on weekends
· Engage in training and supervision to learn how to effectively implement the MST model
· Collaborate with stakeholders and supports involved in the youth’s ecology
· Utilize an array of evidence based clinical skills including cognitive behavioral techniques, pragmatic family therapies, family systems theory, behavioral therapies, social ecological model, marital therapy, and contingency management
· Support client engagement by providing door to door transportation as needed using personal vehicle.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
· Have a masters in a mental health field (will consider applicants close to graduation)
· Is licensed or is working towards licensure in their field
· Have a valid New York State driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Required Skills and Abilities
· Genuine desire to help others overcome obstacles and to instill hope.
· Dedication to ongoing learning and development and ability to adapt to adherence to the MST model.
· Commitment to cultural humility and development in the areas of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
· Comprehension of clinical issues affecting families in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems.
· Experience in crises management and development of safety plans
Come work for Liberty, MST, and join our Awesome Team!
Liberty Resources is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Liberty Resources offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.