Do you have a passion for working with children and families? Community Solutions Inc. is looking for compassionate, dedicated people who want to empower youth and families by creating strength-based behavior change that will be sustained long after treatment ends.
We are seeking a Therapist to work out of our Valdosta office and cover the Lowndes and Colquitt counties.
You will receive ongoing training in the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) model as you work with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement MST as designed. Extensive research has proven the effectiveness of MST. MST therapists do whatever it takes, via close collaboration with all involved, to address the needs of juveniles with serious criminal offenses, including and, in some cases, substance abuse. You will empower families to address challenging and/or problematic behavior and to help youth aged 12 - 17 make life-transforming changes. Treatment progress is made through intensive interventions such as skill building, changing unhelpful family interactions, and increasing social support, to name a few. For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, please watch this video: How Does MST Work?
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the responsible citizenship, accountability, and well-being of individuals and families involved, or at risk of involvement, in the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal justice system. Since CSIs founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer in the community-based service. We have been delivering supervision, treatment, and comprehensive individualized services to help clients interact more effectively in their communities and become productive citizens. For over 50 years, CSI has been building upon its successful foundations and has been expanding its services to serve thousands of adults, youth, and families each year.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direct clinical treatment using the MST treatment model and principles. Some principles include leveraging strengths and focusing on the positive, understanding sequences of behavior, and increasing mature behavior.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the client and family: gather information on behaviors of concern and strengths in the family and their ecology to inform conceptualization of the problem behaviors and interactions within the familys ecological context.
- Comfort working with a diverse community of clients
- Knowledge of the types of families in the community
- Continuously work to engage the primary caregiver, family members, supports, and community agency staff in change-oriented treatment.
- Dedicate time to weekly case planning and evaluation of case progress, with ongoing support from your supervisor and team members.
- Receive regular training, professional development, supervision, and consultation activities designed to help you acquire extensive clinical skills within the MST treatment model.
- Assure, along with fellow clinicians, that clients have access to 24 hours/day, 7 days/week support as needed.
- Bachelors degree required in Social Services or related field, Masters degree preferred.
- Three years of work experience in social work or clinical treatment
- Social Work or other clinical license is preferred.
- Must possess a Valid driver license and have reliable transportation to travel to client's homes an possibly transport multiple clients at once.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Must live within 30-45 minutes travel time from the designated service area.
- Professional licensure in social work or other clinical field preferred but not required.
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies
- Therapy with children and adults using cognitive-behavioral techniques
- Couples therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youths natural ecology (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Collaboration and partnership with community agencies
- Previous work providing in-home or community-based therapy services
- COVID19 vaccination or a negative test prior to starting.
CSI offers great benefits which include:
- Two (2) weeks vacation accrued within the first year, bumped to three (3) weeks accrual after 1 year of service.
- Sick time (7 days accrual basis), floating holiday time (4 days/year).
- Medical and Dental plans.
- Voluntary plan options for: Vision, FSA, voluntary STD, Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D.
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan with automatic enrollment and a company match of 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year service.
- Ongoing training.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.