Are you a compassionate leader? Does the idea of supervising a new treatment model at a children’s residence program excite you? We’ve got just the opportunity for you! The Jewish Board is seeking a full-time MST Supervisor. MST is a program that empowers youth and their families by creating strength-based behavior change that will be sustained long after treatment ends. As an MST Supervisor, you will play an integral part in ensuring children considered at-risk receive high quality therapeutic services by leading a dynamic behavioral health team.
You will receive ongoing training in the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) model as you work with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement MST as designed. Extensive research has proven the effectiveness of MST. MST therapists do whatever it takes, via close collaboration with all involved, to address the needs of adolescents returning from residential placement for mental health, trauma and, in some cases, substance abuse. You will empower families to address challenging and/or problematic behavior and to help youth make life-transforming changes. Treatment progress is made through intensive interventions such as skill building, changing unhelpful family interactions, and increasing social support, to name a few.For more information on roles and responsibilities, read below:
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
Location: Bronx, New York or Staten Island, New York. (Must be willing to work at one of these locations.)
Education Requirement: Master’s Degree in clinical or counseling Psychology, Social Work, or a related subject area. Licensure required. LCSW Preferred.
- Significant (at least three years) clinical experience in treating youth and families with complex system involvement
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic and functional) family therapies
- Individual therapy with adolescents and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
- Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Provision of group and individual clinical supervision
- Leadership role including hiring, performance evaluation, and holding supervisees accountable for performance
- Training and collaboration with outside agencies
- Family systems theory and application
- Social ecological theory and application
- Behavioral therapies theory and application
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application
- Pragmatic family therapies theory and application
- Child development research and its application in treatment
- Social skills assessment and intervention
- Carry clinical and administrative supervisory responsibilities for 1-2 MST teams of 2-4 therapists each
- Conduct weekly group supervision and training for MST team to assure adherence to MST principles and the MST analytic process, and to assure clinician competency in implementation of interventions
- Conduct individual supervision as needed to target clinician competency needs and to remove individual barriers to effective implementation of MST treatment
- Assure availability of clinical and administrative support to clinicians 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Collaborate with stakeholders, both external in the community and within the provider agency
- Promote and educate about MST with both internal and external stakeholders
- Generate and manage case referrals and manage clinician caseloads
- Collaborate actively with MST Expert around implementation of MST by the program, and to ensure continued development of own clinical skills and knowledge of relevant research
- Manage and report data on clinical outcomes and program practices
- Deliver MST to a caseload of 1-2 families, as required to address program needs
- Up to 4 weeks of paid vacation per year!
- Earn CEU with no cost to you!
- Access to our state-of-the-art training institute!
Job Type: Full-time