The Senior Counselor provides direct services/case management/coordination of care to an assigned caseload of individuals/families who have experienced intimate partner violence. This position assists in accessing needed supports and resources in the community, facilitates ongoing communication and advocacy between the family, DCF, school, probation and any other involved supports or service providers. This position may also facilitate/co-facilitate groups in accordance to standard practice.
Bilingual Stipend Available!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
BA/BS degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling or related field is required. Previous experience working with client population with mental health and/or co-occurring substance use disorders. Effective time management, strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Bilingual in Spanish required.
New Britain, CT
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
- For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
- For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- For Retirement
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
- For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
- For Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on cell phone services