Why You'll Love This Job
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
Thompson offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
In addition to these company-wide benefits, MST Therapists can receive FREE training to become certified in MST!We are currently seeking Multi-Systemic Therapy (MST) Therapists to join our South Carolina Team!
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
MST is a community-based therapy intervention targeting teens ages 12-17 who are involved in the juvenile justice system. MST Therapists carry a small caseload of no more than 5 cases, working intensively with each child and family to help change their life. MST therapists do whatever it takes, via close collaboration with all involved, to address the needs of juveniles with serious criminal offenses. Treatment progress is made through intensive interventions such as skill building, changing unhelpful family interactions, and increasing social support, to name a few. For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, please watch this video: How Does MST Work
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Provide direct clinical treatment using the MST treatment model and principles
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the client and family
- Continuously work to engage the primary caregiver, family members, supports, and community agency staff (school, probation, child welfare) in change-oriented treatment
- Dedicate time to weekly case planning and evaluation of case progress, with ongoing support from your supervisor and team members.
- Receive regular training, professional development, supervision, and consultation activities designed to help you acquire extensive clinical skills within the MST treatment model
- Assure, along with fellow clinicians, that clients have access to 24 hours/day, 7 days/week support as needed
Skills & Qualifications
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with the juvenile justice population required
- Highly skilled Bachelor’s candidates with previous experience working with the juvenile justice population may be considered
- Full or provisional clinical licensure preferred
- A valid SC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.