The Multisystemic Therapist is responsible for providing in-home MST Therapy to adolescents 12-17 years of age and their families. This includes but is not limited to conducting assessments, implementation of treatment plans; and general clinical documentation according to required standards. The program will utilize a strength-based approach, which provides the foundation for all interventions utilized by the therapist. The MST therapist will engage families and other key participants in active change-orientated treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement. This includes working in collaboration with families to explore their culture, beliefs and values and look together to identify strengths, as well as family needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Therapists will receive specialized training and extensive supervision to provide services with fidelity to the MST model.
- Receive regular training, professional development and engage in consultation activities designed to help acquire clinical skills within the MST treatment model
- Engage in weekly case planning and evaluation of case progress, with ongoing support from the Program Supervisor and team members, including through group supervision.
- Provide clinical treatment to families using the MST treatment model and principles. Some principles include leveraging strengths in the family and their ecology to inform conceptualization of the problems behaviors and interactions within the family’s ecological context.
- Complete all necessary intake paperwork, including psychosocial assessments, and treatment plans.
- Prepare accurate clinical and documentation and meet all required standards in quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Establish collaborative relationships with referral sources and/or other community providers.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge or directories of community resources.
- Comply with all relevant ethical codes/standards of conduct.
- Performs on-call duty for crisis intervention nights and weekends; available for consultation as necessary.
- Perform other related job duties and assignments as required.
- Adhere to the company's policies and procedures, safety guidelines, business ethics and presents a professional image and behavior at all times.